33 Inspiring Quotes from Prince Harry


Prince Harry isn’t just your ordinary Prince Charming. A look in his life will reveal what an inspiring figure he is for serving his country, for performing his royal duties, and for supporting the cause he thinks will make the world a better place. Here are some inspiring words of wisdom from no other than Prince Harry.

 On service and duty

“You've got to give something back. You can't just sit there.”  

“I've served my country.”  

“For me personally, as I said, I want to serve my country. I've done it once, and I'm still in the army, I feel as though I should get the opportunity to do it again.”

“I don’t know how well this would get on, but I’d probably live in Africa. I’d like to spend all my time out there... As a job it would probably be a safari guide.”  


On the Army

“Once you're in the military, she means a lot more to you than just a grandmother. She is the queen. And then you suddenly, it's like start realizing, you know, wow, this is quite a big deal. And then you get goose bumps and then the rest of it.”

“Anyone who says they don't enjoy the Army is mad - you can spend a week hating it and the next week it could be the best thing in the world and the best job you could ever, ever wish for. It has got so much to offer.”

“I've longed for kids since I was very, very young. And so... I'm waiting to find the right person, someone who's willing to take on the job.”

“There’s no way I’m going to put myself through Sandhurst and then sit on my arse back home while my boys are out fighting for their country.”  

 “We fire when we have to, take a life to save a life, but essentially we’re more of a deterrent than anything else.”  

 “If the guys who are doing the same job as us are being shot at on the ground, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with us being shot at as well. People back home have issues with that, but we’re not special - the guys out there are.”  

“It’s a joy for me because I’m one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox, so with my thumbs I like to think that I’m probably quite useful.”  

 “I do enjoy running down a ditch full of mud, firing bullets. It’s the way I am. I love it.”  

 “Loss of life is as tragic and devastating as it gets, but to see young lads - much younger than me - wrapped in plastic and missing limbs, with hundreds of tubes coming out of them, was something I never prepared myself for.”  


On Kids

“I'm still very much a kid inside myself.”

“I've longed for kids since I was very, very young.”

“I get a huge buzz from spending time with kids.”



On being a Prince and the Royal Family

“There's a lot of times that both myself and my brother wish, obviously, that we were just completely normal.”

“Conversations with my mother, father, my grandparents, as I've grown up have obviously driven me towards wanting to try and make a difference as much as possible.”

“To be honest dinner conversations was the worst bit about being a child and listening to the boring people around me.”

“You can imagine the kind of dinner parties I had to go to at a young age... pretty dull.”

“My father’s always trying to remind me about who I am and stuff like that.”  

 “Whenever anybody sees me they presume that I’m off... gallivanting around. I don’t want to sound as if I’m whingeing but there are times when doing all the Army stuff and doing public engagements and stuff like that... is exhausting, and people criticise me.”

 “If you’re born into it I think it’s normal to feel as though you don’t really want it.”

 “I don’t know what normal is any more and I never really have done. There are three parts of me; one wearing a uniform, one being Prince Harry and the other one which is the private behind closed doors stuff.”

 “We’ve been born into this position and therefore we’ll do what we need to do to people and to kids that need it. It really is that simple for us.”

 “I’m not going to be some person in the Royal Family who just finds a lame excuse to go abroad and do all sorts of sunny holidays and whatever.”


 “I don’t think you can ever be urged to settle down. If you find the right person and everything feels right, then it takes time. . . especially for myself and my brother.”

 “I’m not so much searching for someone to fulfil the role, but obviously, you know, finding someone that would be willing to take it on.”  

 “You know, it still upsets me now, the fact that we didn’t have as much of a chance as other children to spend time with her.”   

 “If we don’t feel comfortable pouring our eyes out in front of thousands of people, then that’s our problem. You know, we got each other to talk to.”  

 “She’s a wonderful woman and she’s made our father very, very happy, which is the most important thing. William and I love her to bits.”  

 “He’s definitely got more brains than me I think we’ve established that from school, but I'm much better hands on.”  

 “To have a big sister is very, very nice...She’s a fantastic girl, she really is, my brother is very lucky.” 

Images: From Wikimedia Commons labeled for reuse

Comments

  1. Dear Harry

    Thank you for your duty in the military. Your mother is proud.

    Hope you find that special someone. You and your brother been through a lot.

    Your mom is The People Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful person and I can thank both you and your mother for that. I live in the US and still thank you for your military duty and your love for it. I hope only the best for you in the future. May you find the wife you deserve and have the children you so richly deserve. Yes, your Mother is so very proud of you! I'm so sorry you have been through so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts