Queen's speech to open BBC's new broadcasting house

The Queen at BBC. Image credit: Official Facebook page of the
British Royal Family.
June 7 – Queen Elizabeth II officially opened the new BBC Broadcasting House in London, making a short but profound speech live on air to mark her visit to open the Corporation's new multimedia broadcasting center.

Here is Queen's speech:
“It is a great pleasure to visit the BBC today, and to see it in its new home.
I remember first coming to Broadcasting House with my father, The King, and my mother and sister shortly before the war.
I came again with The Duke of Edinburgh just before the Coronation in 1953.
I was struck then, as I am now, by the sheer pace of change which has transformed your industry over the past 60 years – years during which broadcasting has enriched our lives in so many ways.

I hope this new building will serve you well for the future and I am delighted to declare it open today.”
Source: Royal.gov.uk, the official website of the British Royal Family.

You might also want to read:






Comments

Popular Posts