11 of the Most Romantic Things Prince Harry Ever Said About Meghan, Duchess of Sussex



It was love at first sight…

"When did I know she was 'The One?' The very first time we met."

It was a rather swift fall…

“The fact that I fell in love with Meghan so incredibly quickly was sort of confirmation to me that all the stars were aligned, everything was just perfect. It was this beautiful woman just sort of literally tripped and fell into my life, I fell into her life.”

On always choosing each other…

“I know that I’m in love with this girl and I hope that she’s in love with me. But we still had to sit down on the sofa and have some pretty frank conversations with her to say, ‘What you’re letting yourself in for, it’s a big deal. It’s not easy for anybody.’ I know that at the end of the day, she chooses me, and I choose her. And therefore, whatever we have to tackle together, or individually, it’ll always be us together as a team.”

On the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge being a “fantastic support” to him and Meghan…

"It was exciting! I'd been seeing her for a period of time when I literally didn't tell anybody at all, and then William was longing to meet her, and so was Catherine. They're our neighbors, so we've managed to get that in quite a few times now… Catherine's been absolutely amazing, as has William, as well, you know, a fantastic support."

On the Royal corgis falling head over heels in love with Meghan...

The [Queen’s] corgis took to [her] straight away. I’ve spent the last 33 years being barked at. This one walks in, absolutely nothing … Just wagging tails and I was just like ugh.”

On meeting his future wife for the first time…

“I’d never watched Suits, I’d never heard of Meghan before. And I was beautifully surprised when I walked into that room and saw her and there she was sitting there. I was like, ‘Okay, well I’m going to have to really up my game here. And sit down and make sure I’ve got a good chat.’”

On how her late mother, Princess Diana, would have felt about Meghan…

“They would be thick as thieves, without question, I think she would be over the moon, jumping up and down, you know, so excited for me, but then, as I said, [she] would have probably been best friends with Meghan.”

On putting their relationship at the forefront while pursuing their individual passions…

"There's a hell of a lot of stuff and work that needs doing. At the moment, for us, it's going to be making sure that our relationship is always put first… But both of us have passions for wanting to make change, change for good."

That one romantic camping getaway in Botswana…

“We had two dates in London last July, and it was I think about three, maybe four weeks later that I managed to persuade her to come and join me in Botswana, and we camped out with each other under the stars. She came and joined me for five days out there, which was absolutely fantastic.”

On the night of the engagement…

“It was here at our cottage. It was a standard, typical night for us. It was a nice moment, it was the two of us. I think I managed to catch her by surprise as well.”

A funny anecdote during their engagement…

“She wouldn’t let me finish. There were hugs and I had the ring in my hand and I was like, ‘Can I give you the ring now?’ and she said, ‘Oh yes, the ring!’”

Comments

Popular Posts