Highlights from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Interview with Oprah Winfrey

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex with Oprah Winfrey. Image screenshot from Youtube.

So you’ve watched the Meghan and Harry’s interview with Oprah. But in case you missed it, here are some highlights from the CBS special that drew more than 17.1 million viewers and has stirred conversations around the world.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had a secret wedding before their grand royal wedding.

"We called the archbishop, and we just said, 'Look, this thing, this spectacle is for the world, but we want our union between us." – The Duchess of Sussex

Prince Harry felt "trapped" in the UK

"I was trapped but I didn’t know I was trapped. That’s not a conversation that would be had. I guess I was ashamed of admitting it to them. I don’t know whether they would have the same feelings or thoughts. it’s a very trapping environment that a lot of them are stuck in."

Prince Harry was "let down" by Prince Charles

 "I feel really let down, because he’s been through something similar. He knows what pain feels like, [and] Archie’s his grandson. But, at the same time, I will always love him, but there’s a lot of hurt that happened and I will continue to make it one of my priorities to try and heal that relationship."

Prince Harry still loves his brother

"I love William to bits. He’s my brother, we’ve been through hell together. We were on different paths."

Harry and Meghan spoke highly of the Queen Elizabeth II

"No, I would never blindside my grandmother, I have too much respect for her. I've spoken to my grandmother more this past year than I have in many years." – Prince Harry

"The Queen has always been wonderful to me," she said. "I really loved being in her company." – Duchess of Sussex

The Duchess of Cambridge made Meghan cry before her wedding

"A few days before the wedding she (Kate) was upset about something, pertaining to yes the issue was correct about the flower girl dresses, and it made me cry. And it really hurt my feelings."

Meghan was still naïve before she joined the Royal Family

"I will say I went into it naively, because I didn’t grow up knowing much about the royal family."

Palace officials allegedly discriminated against Archie's skin colour

"When I was pregnant concerns and conversations about how dark his skin would be when he was born. People were concerned with how dark Archie’s skin would be."

Prince Harry felt relieved after leaving "The Firm"

"You know for me… I’m just really relieved and happy to be sitting here, talking to you with my wife by my side… because I can’t begin to imagine what it must have been life for her going through all this process by herself all these years ago… it has been unbelievably tough for the two of us but at least we have each other."

"The Firm" was responsible for "perpetuating falsehoods" against Meghan and Harry

"I don’t know how they could expect that after  all of this time we would still be silent if there is an active role that ‘The Firm’ is playing  in perpetuating falsehoods about us. And if that comes with risks of losing things… I mean there’s a lot that’s been lost already." - Duchess of Sussex

Meghan's Suicidal Thoughts during Pregnancy

"It was all happening just because I was breathing. I just didn’t want to be alive any more. That was a clear, real, frightening and constant thought."

The Royal Household refused the Duchess of Sussex plea for psychiatric help

"I went to one of the most senior people to get help. And I share this because, there are so many people who are afraid to voice that they need help, and I know how hard it is to not just voice it but to be told no."

On why Archie was not made a Prince

"They were saying they didn't want him to be a prince or princess, which would be different from protocol, and that he wasn't going to receive security. This went on for the last few months of our pregnancy where I was going, hold on for a second." 

(In 1917, King George V issued a letters patent regulating the use of the title of prince/princess and the style “royal highness.” He decreed that only the children and male-line grandchildren of the reigning monarch, and the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales would be called princes and princesses, as such Archie is not yet entitled to be called a prince. When Prince Charles becomes king, Archie would become a prince since he is a male-line grandchild of the reigning monarch)

Palace officials refused to provide security for Archie

"They said [he's not going to get security], because he's not going to be a prince. Okay, well, he needs to be safe so we're not saying don't make him a prince or princess, but if you're saying the title is what's going to affect that protection, we haven't created this monster machine around us in terms of clickbait and tabloid fodder you've allowed that to happen which means our son needs to be safe." – Duchess of Sussex

Gender reveal of their new baby

"It's a girl." – Duchess of Sussex

Prince Harry is excited to have another baby

"Amazing. Just grateful, like — to have any child, any one or any two would have been amazing, but to have a boy and then a girl, what more can you ask for?"

Comments

  1. It is an informative post. StaffMerge provides a helpful tips of Resumes for college students online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT CURED FROM HERPES VIRUS:
    I was diagnosed of herpes virus, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor called Dr padman , who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus (Herpes), when i received the herbal medicine he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured from the virus within few weeks of usage, I will advice you to apply for the herbal cure if you have the same problem as i had. Contact this great herbal doctor today to get your cure Via Email: padmanherbalcure@yahoo.com Or WhastApp him on +19492293867 His Website: http://padmanspell.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts